An open, fast and flexible framework for analysing seismic data in Julia.
Seis is a Julia package for dealing with seismic data. It allows you to read and write files, and perform processing on them.
Even more importantly, it provides a flexible foundation on which to build your own processig workflows. For example, the following packages build on Seis to provide extra functionality and form the Seis ecosystem:
- SeisRequests downloads seismic data from remote servers direct to your machine.
- SeisSplit performs shear wave splitting analysis.
- Beamforming uses arrays of seismic recordings to stack data to detect signals.
- SeisTau calculates travel times of seismic waves through models of the Earth (and other planets).
Seis can be added to your Julia environment like so:
julia> ] # Press ']' to enter the REPL Pkg mode (@v1.4)> add https://github.com/anowacki/Geodesics.jl https://github.com/anowacki/Seis.jl
To check that your install is working correctly, you can run the package's tests by doing:
julia> import Pkg; Pkg.test("Seis")
- Function index
- Developer documentation
- User manual
- Sample data
- Getting data in
- Creating data from scratch
- Writing data out
- Basic processing
- Accessing raw trace data
- Accessing other properties